Tuesday, January 15, 2002

Monster by Walter Dean Myers

Monster by Walter Dean Myers

My name is Steve Harmon. Im 16 years old and Im in jail: on trial for murder. Some people think Im a monster. But I say I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Im not guilty.

Sometimes I feel like Ive walked into the middle of a movie. Maybe I can make my own movie. The film will be the story of my life. No, not my life, but of this experience. Ill call it what the lady prosecutor called me MONSTER.
You be the judge. Is Steve a monster or guilty of hanging out with the wrong friends? Hes a good student, a loving son and brother. Bur a man is dead because of what he and his three friends did.
Is Steve a monster? You decide!
Kathy Gilbreath, Bainbridge Island School District

2002 Evergreen Nominee

No comments:

Post a Comment